Dreamed about being the master of your own puppet show? Well now you can!
Make these 6 fun and colourful finger puppets from bits of cardboard and paper and put on a show to dazzle your audience!!
Everything you need to complete this craft is inside the box. Simply follow the step-by-step guide to make this fantastic toy! Made mostly out of bits of card and paper; all the parts are pre-cut and scored along fold-lines, so the prep-work is already done for you! Plus, making these finger puppets from scratch offers loads of learning skills to kids:
- Hand-eye coordination
- Fine-motor skills
- Conceptualization - layering and positioning of 2D shapes into a 3D object
- Improves patience (delayed gratification) - as children wait for one stage to dry/set before completing the next stage
- Systematic reasoning and logical ordering of tasks
- Reinforces mathematical concepts: shape, numbers, angles, measurements, etc
- 3D Spacial awareness
- Imaginative role-playing fun
- Offers a sense of accomplishment on completion of the task!
Not only does this craft activity offer the above learning benefits through play, it also encourages kids to think, brainstorm and compose imaginative stories for their puppet show! By developing their story-telling skills they will learn confidence, improve their language skills, develop their presentation skills and enhance their creativity.